Two-step authentication will soon be compulsory for all Australian users….
By next month Xero will make it mandatory for all users have two-step authentication (2SA) to protect their login and any unauthorised use.
This change is to support best-practice security measures in accordance with the Australian Tax Office’s (ATO) updated requirements.
What you need to know:
- From Tuesday 16 October (next week): Xero users who have yet to enable 2SA will see a screen that prompts set up.
- On a rolling basis, between Tuesday 30 October and Friday 23 November: 2SA will become the compulsory login.
- You need to use an authentication app on your phone or other device to generate the codes, so you may need to download the app first.
- Search and install the relevant authentication app for your device, such as “Google Authenticator” or “Authy” (both work for iPhone & Android).
- You’ll be able to select the “Remember me for 30 days” as an optional setting. If you select “Remember me for 30 days” you won’t need to perform the second authentication step on that
device for 30 days.
Should you need a hand or are having problems with setting up two-step authentication in your account, please give us a call on 8239 1143, we are always happy to help.